Research and Development
The aim of our R&D department is to develop our products further. Our competitiveness is already top class, but successes in the future, too, can only be achieved through target-oriented advancement in the development of products and process solutions.
Focus areas of our research department:
- support for production and investment projects
- reduction of operating costs and improvement of recovery
- improvement of raw material flexibility
- development of new processes and products
- valuation of raw material suitability
Analysis and experimental research services
Our laboratories are responsible for the following tasks:
- quality assurance of incoming raw materials
- usage analytics of refinement processes
- analytics of the produced end products and
- realisation of experimental research work and analysis of the samples and materials resulting from such work.
The personnel involved in analysis and experimental research services are professionals in inorganic analytics and experimentation.
The analysis equipment and methods used at Norilsk Nickel Harjavalta Oy represent the latest developments of the field.